The LMT Gas Piston rifles-less maintenance and better reliability..period. What does that mean to you? You get to spend more time firing rather than cleaning. LMT's gas piston system runs cleaner and cooler than its direct impingement counterpart and because failure is not an option, the Piston Weapon System offers ease-of-assembly, disassembly, change in barrel length or caliber, all within minutes.
The CQB MRP™; Defender Piston 16 features a CQB MRP™ upper receiver with 16" chrome lined 1:7" twist 5.56 barrel, piston semi auto bolt carrier group, tactical charging handle assembly, defender lower with SOPMOD buttstock and standard trigger group.
Rifle Assembly Includes:
- CQB MRP® Upper Receiver.
- 16" Chrome Lined 1:7" Twist H-Bar Contour 5.56 Piston Operated Barrel.
- Piston Semi Auto Bolt Carrier Group.
- Tactical Charging Handle Assembly.
- Defender Lower 5.56 with SOPMOD Buttstock (LMT's logo on lower is for photography purposes only and will not be on the lower when purchased).
- Standard Trigger Group.
- Tactical Adjustable Rear Sight.
- Tactical Front Sight.
- (2) Heavy Duty Push Button Swivels (Included as of 2011 orders).
- (1) Thirty Round Magazine.
- LMT Manufactured Torque Wrench
- (3) Rail Panels.
Ships with a Sling, and Operators Manual
- Overall length with SOPMOD collapsed: 33".
- Overall length with SOPMOD extended: 36".
- A2 birdcage compensator.
- 1/2 X 28 thread pitch.
- Low profile gas block.
- Cryogenically treated barrel to increase accuracy, barrel life and easier cleaning.
Electronically tested and recorded trigger pull.
- Weight empty is 7.9 lbs.